Monday, October 16, 2017

outfit: autumn gingham

dress (as skirt) - trashy diva honey sun dress, top - forever21, shoes - american eagle outfitters (old)



Despite the fact that weather in sunny southern California hasn't really gotten the memo, I have fully embraced the autumn season.  So, last week I met my good friend Kellen in his hometown of Moorpark at the Fall Harvest Festival at Underwood Family Farms to enjoy some fall-time fun.  It was kind of like stepping back in time to small-town USA - kids running around, a giant pumpkin patch, a corn maze, a petting zoo, and farmland all around us.  I do believe my vintage aesthetic fit right in here, especially with the black gingham print I picked out!

One of my favorite ways to get more versatility out of my wardrobe is to wear my dresses as a skirt by pairing it with a cute top.  In this case, I paired my TD Honey Sun Dress with a green button-down shirt from Forever21 tied at the waist, to create this vintage inspired look.  The way the skirt on this dress flows makes me feel like I have stepped right out of a movie - every item I have from the brand Trashy Diva is so well made!

I completed the look with some simple flats, dark lips, and an orange flower (duh!), and then spent the afternoon gorging myself on kettle corn and enjoying the fair.  Incidentally I didn't end up purchasing a pumpkin, so there may be another pumpkin patch post later this month. :)


 Outfit Details: 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Adventures of a Vintage Hummingbird. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig