Thursday, August 10, 2017

outfit: modern does vintage

shirt - old navy, skirt - forever21, sunglasses - kate spade (similar), shoes - modcloth (old)
The number one question people ask me (other than, Grace, how can you possibly eat that much sour candy?), is "where do you buy your clothes?"  And while I do love shopping at vintage reproduction companies like Unique Vintage or Modcloth, I actually get a lot of my clothes at modern stores at the mall.  The trick is looking for vintage inspired items - for instance, a striped or floral print, a detail on the collar, or a silhouette that has a natural waist line.  This outfit is the perfect example!

This super cute blue/white striped collared shirt is from Old Navy, who by the way have really stepped up their game.  And this skirt is from Forever 21 is so easy to wear that I bought it in both colors.  Plus it is only $15.90! It really is possible to find cute vintage-inspired pieces on the cheap.

Now despite what I literally just wrote in that last line, I am also wearing Kate Spade sunglasses to complete this look, and those definitely are an investment.  Thankfully these were purchased during the brief window of time my sister worked there, so with her discount even that wasn't so much of a splurge. ;)

Let me know how you style your modern pieces with your vintage ones!

photo credit - @keeganmullin

Outfit Details: 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Adventures of a Vintage Hummingbird. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig